09 September 2011

AS Media Work Reflection

When looking back over the work I produced for my AS media coursework, I'm very pleased with the overall outcome and look of the product. Not only was the finished product exactly what I had hoped to produce, I also feel it was produced sufficiently and professionally.



However there where some areas within my AS media coursework, particularly research and planning and post-production, which I felt I could have improved.

Research and Planning
When learning that I would be creating a music magazine for my coursework, I had a very clear vision of what I wanted the appearance to look like. Therefore I did not research the appearance of other indie rock music magazines as much as I could have. Particularly producing more deconstructions of front covers, contents and double spread pages, may have been more influential on my final design, particularly in the conventions that were present. I also feel I could have produced much more research before taking photographs for my magazine, as although my photographs where could quality,  I feel they could have been more in keeping with the genre of the magazine. Thus I would search and collect images from magazine photo shoots by singers such as Taylor Momsen, Paramore and Florence and The Machine etc. of whom are associated with the genre of music magazine I had chosen. 

Post-Production
Post-production refers to the work which I produced after completing my magazine, which was very minimal and only mainly consisted of an evaluation. Although the evaluation was sufficient with basic reasoning behind my choices for my magazine, it could have been greatly improved by presenting my magazine to my peers or even the public and gaining feedback, to which would provide me with evidence that my magazine would sell successfully or whether there was any aspects I would need to change, in order to make sure it sold successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment